We are looking for someone with a developer background to be part of running our day to day Software as a Service operation supporting the following functions:
- Daily batch file data loading when automated loading rules are missed or violated.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of failed data loads to identify and communicate root cause.
- Setting up the mapping rules and transformation jobs to load new data files from new clients.
- Updating existing transformation jobs when data mapping / loading need to change based on a client change request.
- Monitoring the day to day performance and health of the applications to proactively identify potential issues, missed file loads, etc.
- Ability to help write or update automated scripts or jobs that assist in managing the data loading process.
- Be comfortable working in a small / startup type environment where resourcefulness, creatively are very important.
The person for this position needs to have the following experience:
- Two years working in a SaaS production operations environment responsible for making changes in a live production environment.
- Linux and Command Line (CLI) experience.
- Experience working with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools.
- Experience with application development (Python).
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) is a major plus.
- Experience with JBoss Wildfly and Maria DB is a plus.
Compensation: $55K or commensurate with experience.
The company offers a basic medical healthcare plan, 401K plan, mass transit subsidy, and a flexible working environment with a results oriented culture. Individual will be based in the downtown Portland, OR office.